1. Consult your doctor before starting an exercise program, especially if you:
2. Choose an exercise program that is appropriate for your:
3. Dress appropriately
4. Do not exercise
5. Warm up before exercising
6. Begin slowly and build up. Spend the first few weeks doing low intensity exercises.
7. Drink fluids, before, during and after exercise
8. Stop exercising if you feel extremely tired or if you experience chest pain or giddiness
9. Take the TALK test. If you are too breathless to talk, slow down.
10.Do not stop suddenly. Cool down by walking or doing stretches.